Welcome To YCUA.org


Select documents are provided in PDF format. The free Adobe Acrobat Reader program is required to view and print those materials.

Q. What should I do if I observe a possible water main break or sewer back-up?

A. To report a water main break or sewer back-up, please call YCUA seven days a week, 24 hours a day at 734-544-7316 or 734-484-4600.

Q. What should I do if my sewer is backing up in my house or business?

A. Click here to view a PDF document with information on what to do when a sewer backup occurs.

Q. What should I do if my street catch basin or storm drain is backed up causing my street to flood?

A. If you live in the City of Ypsilanti, call the City Department of Public Works at 734-483-9510. If you live in the Township of Ypsilanti, call the Washtenaw County Drain Commission at 734-222-6860. To help prevent future storm drain backups, help keep your neighborhood storm drains clear. When storm drains clog or get overwhelmed, streets turn into rivers and basements can fill with water. Sometimes heavy accumulations of leaves and branches jam the drains, slowing or stopping water from flowing through the grates. If the grate on your street is blocked, use a rake or shovel to clear the debris. Place the waste in a yard debris container or trash can.


Home | About Us | YCUA Board | Customer Information | Employment |
Publications | Pay Your Bill | Water and Sewer Service Emergencies


Ypsilanti Community Utilities Authority
2777 State Road, Ypsilanti, Michigan 48198-9112


Copyright © 2002 Ypsilanti Community Utilities Authority. All Rights Reserved.